Santa Monica Sports Medicine Foundation
- President: Bert R. Mandelbaum, MD
- Vice President: Ramin Modabber, MD
- Secretary: Kevin M. Ehrhart, MD
- Karen Mohr, Director of Research & Education
- Patrick Jurado, Administrator & Fellowship Coordinator
Our mission at the Santa Monica Sports Medicine Foundation is to achieve
scientific excellence by examining existing orthopaedic and neurologic
conditions using sound scientific methodology. The goal is to identify
the mechanisms underlying musculoskeletal injuries and to discover and
develop effective interventions for prevention, diagnosis and treatment
of these injuries.
Our goal is to prevent musculoskeletal injuries and enhance the quality
of life for those affected by them. The research foundation’s current
- Focus on excellence and innovation in basic and applied research and education
in musculoskeletal and neurologic injuries.
- Perform basic research in order to define the mechanism of injury, and
utilize these findings to implement educational programs and therapeutic
- Build upon existing research and globally collaborate our efforts to prevent
injury, enhance performance, and increase the quality of safe play.
- Utilize all of our resources to maximize the efficacy of the benefits procured
through our research. This will develop a unified partnership between
medicine and the community at large through educational outreach programs
and journal publications.
Contact us today to learn more about the Santa Monica Sports Medicine